For the Spider:
- Pipe V shaped legs onto parchment paper with the black gel bag. Transfer to the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes to set.
- Pipe a white base. Switch back to the black. Pipe a spiral. Drag a point tool or toothpick through the buttercream and chocolate layers, working from the inside out. This will create the web look.
- Add a round chocolate candy for the body and a regular brown m&m for the head. Add chocolate legs.
For the Spooky Ghost:
Lightly dust work surface with cornstarch and roll fondant*. Cut with cookie cutter. Knead scraps together and reroll, as necessary. Gather any scraps into a ball; roll and cut again. Roll out the remaining fondant and repeat.
Place each fondant circle over a marshmallow or lollipop and form into the shape of a ghost in the center of a cupcake. Using the chocolate cream piping bag, squeeze out little eyes.
*Note: For homemade fondant, mix the icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
For the Skeletons:
- Pipe a white base on the cupcakes
- Place Marshmallow on the white base
- Add facial details with black/chocolate frosting
For the brains:
- Pipe the chocolate base on cupcakes
- Mix melted white chocolate and rose icing color
- Dip walnuts in the mixture and leave in the fridge for 5-10 minutes
- Place the walnuts on the cupcakes
SHOP THE MAISON DUFFOUR INGREDIENTS HERE
Happy Halloween MD friends!