Operations executive - catering department APPLY NOW
Work Environnement – Company presentation
Maison Duffour came to life from Alix & Rodolphe’s imagery. For the French couple, food has always been a topic close to their hearts. Both being from families with numerous siblings and cousins, they have fond memories of long tables full of incredible homemade dishes. These moments left an everlasting impression on the French couple.
In late 2016, Maison Duffour started as an online gourmet food store with deliveries twice a week in Dubai. Less than 6 years later, Maison Duffour is open and delivers 7 days a week across the UAE, is also available for same-day deliveries on our website and through our partners’ apps. Since day 1, we have proposed to residents of the UAE great food at an affordable price in the comfort of their homes. We have now become an essential online food store in the UAE, delivering more than 15000 people’s homes in 2022 only.
In March 2021, we opened our first shop in our warehouse, initially with our buy online, pick up in-store system only, and since late 2021, our customers can purchase products directly in our shop.
The company continued its expansion and recently developed a catering department to serve both corporates and individuals. We are now seeking a dynamic, energetic operations executive to join our growing organization.
Our mission: Bring high-quality food, and provide excellent service through an impeccable experience.
Our values: Honesty, Promise to Customers, and Quality.
MAISON DUFFOUR catering department in numbers (2022):
- Prepared and delivered more than 600 orders;
- Served 84,000 delicious canapés, handmade with care by our partner chefs;
- Designed and sent over 500 hampers;
- Developed multiple strong B2B partnerships as a supplier of our exclusive in-house brands;
- Melted over 200 kg of Raclette cheese...
Position: description, missions, and activities
Order processing and inventory management:
- Monitor the receiving of orders from our suppliers in coordination with the warehouse team
- Monitor the stock level once received by the Warehouse team
- Pass orders to our suppliers (food, drinks, equipment, staff, decoration…)
- Managing all the operational steps of the event (technical meeting, coordination of internal teams and external suppliers, booking of the staff for the event… )
- Ensure all orders are prepared correctly and in time for the delivery
- Answering logistics requests to be sure that the delivery schedule can be respected
- Communication with the other department‘s, according to their procedures, the information and documents related to the services
- Sourcing new suppliers
- Filling our CRM and software with all the necessary information
- Being a source of proposition for the catering menu intended for the customers
- Create and update catering product sheets
- Managing costs and margins of the catering products
- Answer catering requests in a timely manner
- Handle basic catering quotes
- You have a previous experience in the catering industry
- You are thorough and pay attention to details
- You have a strong interest in the Food and Beverage industry
- You have excellent verbal communication skills
- You have a sense of responsibility and ownership
- You are polite, positive, discrete, patient, and understanding
- You know how to keep calm
- You can work in shifts, as well as during weekends and public holidays
- You can handle non-halal food
- You are able to appropriate and convey the image and values of Maison Duffour
- If you have your manual driving license, it‘s a big plus
- Your shift is 48hrs per week
- After 1 month : Knowing the intern procedures, the products, and our main customers.
- After 3 months : You can handle all events up to 60 pax.
- 2024 : Step by Step, you can handle all sorts of events no matter the number of people or the requirements' level.
As the professional catering sector requires, you will have to have a fluctuating amount of work during the year, with some periods much calmer than others. The relationship you will have with the hierarchy is one of trust where dialogue is essential.
- Salary: AED 4,000.00 to AED 6,000.00 per month depending on your previous experience (split in 60% basic salary and 40% housing allowance)
- A medical insurance
- Phone allowance: you will be provided with a telephone line and a monthly plan as per business requirements
- 22 business days of paid leaves per year + public holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday (if it falls on a business day)
- A flight ticket back to your home country per year (capped to a maximum amount of 2500 AED)
- 25% discount off Maison Duffour products
- A career path with lots of growth possibilities (new store openings and potential vertical or horizontal growth)
Maison Duffour is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.2023-11-13|||Maison Duffour, Warehouse 7, 10A street, Al Qouz industrial 3 - Dubai, UAE|||Catering||||||yI.7Nskiapo890b.|||FULL_TIME|||AED|||MONTH|||range||||||4000|||6000|||true|||