Tatin of Smoked Duck Breast
Tatin for starter? Yes, because tatin is not only for dessert! This recipe is inspired by Cuisine Actuelle with a bit of tweak à la Rice and Baguette.
Recipe for 4 persons
Sauce made with pomegranate molasses, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the apple. Cut each in quarter, remove the core and cut in thick slices.
- Pre-cook in the pan with 50g of butter for about 7-8 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 °C.
- With the brush, butter the tart mold. Lay the apple and duck alternately. Add ground pepper.
- Cut 4 round discs of fili pastry, about 1cm bigger than the mold.
- Cover each tart with pastry disc. Gently tuck the edge in the filling.
- Bake for 20 Minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, de-mould and serve with rocket salad. Spoon some pomegranate molasses sauce.
Bon appétit !