Retail assistant APPLY NOW
Work Environnement – Company presentation
Maison Duffour came to life from Alix & Rodolphe’s imagery. For the French couple, food has always been a topic close to their hearts. Both being from families with numerous siblings and cousins, they have fond memories of long tables full of incredible homemade dishes. These moments left an everlasting impression on the French couple.
In late 2016, Maison Duffour started as an online gourmet food store with deliveries twice a week in Dubai. Less than 6 years later, Maison Duffour is open and delivers 7 days a week across the UAE, is also available for same-day deliveries on our website and through our partners’ apps. Since day 1, we have proposed to residents of the UAE great food at an affordable price in the comfort of their homes. We have now become an essential online food store in the UAE, delivering more than 12000 people’s homes in 2022 only. In March 2021, we opened our first shop in our warehouse, initially with our buy online, pick up in-store (BOPIS) system only. Since Q3 2021, our customers can purchase products directly in our shop. The company continued its expansion and recently developed a catering department to serve both corporates and individuals.
Our mission: Bring high-quality food, providing excellent service through an impeccable experience.
Our values: Honesty, Promise to Customers, and Quality.
MAISON DUFFOUR in numbers:
- 14 employees with 5 nationalities
- 1000 products referenced on the website
- More than 30 suppliers
- Delivery 7 days a week throughout the UAE
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic retail assistant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will play a key role in providing stellar customer service experiences on a daily basis. You must be organized, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable of our products with an engaging, upbeat personality.
Position: description, missions, and activities
Retail Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and make them feel welcome
- Maintain a clean, organized, and comfortable shop display
- Be attentive to customers, providing answers to their questions and suggestions to their requests, make recommendations (cross-sell/upsell)
- Propose ad-hoc food tastings to push a product
- Perform regular price audits to identify and correct price discrepancies and benchmark with the competition
- Restock items that are running low and maintain proper display appearances
- Assist with inventory counts and placement of new products, including new in-store displays
- Handle customer complaints and concerns calmly; find a reasonable solution (calling on a supervisor only when necessary)
- Keep a watchful eye for theft or mishandling of merchandise
- Ensure customers are well-informed on any current sales, rewards programs, and store return policy
- Put up signage relating to exclusive offers and discounts.
- Process payment by using cash register, credit card machines, and/or POS (point of sale) computer system General sales missions:
- Customer acquisition through prospection (cold calls, emails, whatsapps);
- Customer retention by maintaining a privileged and consistent contact with our customers.
- Manage Maison Duffour community communication
- Handle weekly flash sales Administrative:
- Instore proactive communication with other departments;
- Update our CRM (Cin7) with all necessary information;
- Ensure payment of invoices is made on time and follow up with customers if necessary. Markets:
- Prepare market by ordering the products;
- Impeccable set-up, customer service, and clean-up;
- Deliver and collect items for the market if necessary.
- You have at least an Associate’s degree level: sales and marketing associate, retail management, retail merchandising and management, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous retail sales experience is mandatory
- You are able to handle non-halal food
- You are physically fit
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong command in French (oral and written) is a real plus
- You are available to work on shifts (evenings and weekends)
- Manual driving license is a strong plus
- You love food, are curious about trying new things, and are passionate about eating!
- Computer literate and comfortable using POS systems
- You have strong interpersonal skills which will allow you to integrate easily into an existing multinational team and guarantee a relationship of trust with your customers, colleagues, and management
- You must have commercial awareness and an excellent interactions skills with the customers
- You are very organized, versatile and autonomous
- You know how to keep your calm
- You have a sense of responsibility and trustworthy
- You are able to appropriate and convey the image and values of the company
After 1 month: You know the internal processes, the products, and the main customers.
Within 3 months: You are autonomous in your daily job and the organization is fluid.
Comments: As the retail sector requires, you will have to have a fluctuating amount of work during the year, some periods being much calmer than others. The relationship you will have with the hierarchy is one of trust where dialogue is essential.
- Salary: AED 96,000.00 to AED 120,000.00 per annum depending on your previous experience (commissions to be discussed once probation is passed)
- A work visa
- A solid medical insurance with Mednet
- Transportation allowance of 250 AED per month
- Phone allowance: you will be provided with a telephone line and a monthly plan as per business requirements
- 22 business days of paid leaves per year + public holidays
- 1 day off for your birthday (if it falls on a business day)
- A flight ticket back to your home country per year (capped to a maximum amount of 2500 AED)
- 25% discount off Maison Duffour products
- A career path with lots of growth possibilities