Cook - order preparator APPLY NOW
Work environment – Company presentation
Maison Duffour came to life from Alix & Rodolphe’s imagery. For the French couple, food has always been a topic close to their hearts. Both being from families with numerous siblings and cousins, they have fond memories of long tables full of incredible homemade dishes. These moments left an everlasting impression on the French couple.
In late 2016, Maison Duffour started as an online gourmet food store with deliveries twice a week in Dubai. Less than 6 years later, Maison Duffour is open and delivers 7 days a week across the UAE, is also available for same-day deliveries on our website and through our partners’ apps. Since day 1, we have proposed to residents of the UAE great food at an affordable price in the comfort of their homes. We have become an essential online food store in the UAE, delivering more than 15000 people’s homes in 2022 only.
In March 2021, we opened our first shop in our warehouse, initially with our buy online, pick up in-store system only, and since late 2021, our customers can purchase products directly in our shop.
The company continued its expansion and recently developed a catering department to serve both corporates and individuals. We seek a dynamic, energetic cook to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be in charge of our events and order realization, from receiving raw products by our supplier to finalizing the dishes for our customers. You will be familiar with sanitation regulations.
Our mission: Bring high-quality food, and provide excellent service through an impeccable experience.
Our values: Honesty, Promise to Customers, and Quality.
Position: description, missions, and activities
- Food order preparation by following recipes (including but not only: measuring, weighing, and mixing ingredients)
- Prepare the dishes with the right seasoning
- Platter preparation (non-halal food will be manipulated)
- Cheese slicing
- Accommodate guests’ special requests
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards at all times
- Be able to serve food at events on an ad hoc basis
- In time, be able to create recipes
- When needed, you will assist the driver during the catering team deliveries
Inventory and equipment mission
- Monitor inventory in collaboration with the operations team
- Manage and control food wastage
- Purchase products and items needed in collaboration with the operations team
- Receive ingredients from our suppliers (check the quality and freshness) in collaboration with the warehouse team
- Handle and store ingredients according to sanitation regulations
- Dispatch orders properly with labels in collaboration with the warehouse team
- Truck loading and unloading for events
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Maintain our equipment, clean our material in collaboration with the catering team
- Book staff as per business needs
- Manage the extras
- Train junior cooks
- For this position, you have an interest in the Food industry
- French cuisine knowledge is a big plus
- You know the importance of safety in the food industry
- You have a big sense of responsibility and quality
- You like working in team
- You are creative and like thinking about new ideas of recipes
- You are always impeccable, and you make sure your work outfit is perfect
- You know how to keep calm
- You are are a problem solver
- You are able to multi task
- You always pay attention to detail
- You are able to accept feedback and potential customers criticism
- You will work in shifts, as well as during weekends and public holidays
- You can handle non-halal food
- You must know your limits and know how to alert when you are overwhelmed and in need of support from your superior or your colleagues.
- You are able to appropriate and convey the image and values of Maison Duffour
- After 1 month : Knowing the intern procedure and our products
- After 3 months : You can handle alone all orders up to 40 pax
- After 3 months : You will propose ideas for the Spring-Summer menu
- 2024 : Step by Step, you can prepare all sorts of events/order no matter the number of people or the exigence level
As the professional catering sector requires, you will have to have a fluctuating amount of work during the year, with some periods much calmer than others. The relationship you will have with the hierarchy is one of trust where dialogue is essential.
2023-10-15|||Maison Duffour, Warehouse 7, 10A street, Al Qouz industrial 3 - Dubai, UAE|||Catering||||||Eur0mrzQ5KPqRHrj|||FULL_TIME|||AED|||MONTH|||range||||||4000|||6000|||false|||